Friday, January 6, 2012

Smints and Naptime

It didn't take long today before I realized that I really wasn't ready to go back to work yet, but I was kind of stuck. I figured that, given my still- ballooney- headed state, I could at least enjoy. While testing my voice on the drive, I realized that I sounded like a dying cow. Not putting together that I choked every time I tried to talk, I also attempted to sing. The sounds that have emerged from me today had me absolutely hysterical!!! I was seriously cracking up on my drive. And choking. A lot. By the time I got to work I had already started on my smints. After I quit smoking in 2001, I searched high and low for a replacement. It took several years but I finally found mints. Nothing special; I buy Starlight mints.
I lovingly refer to them as smints. I have been known to have multiple pockets and the black hole (ie my purse) stuffed full of them. When I run out I tend to panic. Like an addict. Yeah, cuz' smints are hard core. And today they saved my life. Thank you.

My smints may have helped me get through the day but I was like a whipped ballooney head when I got home. I crashed. On my bed of awesomeness. It was beautiful. Yes, I may regret this in the morning, but for right now I am in a groggy bliss. I totally needed it. I have provided many people with someone to laugh at today. Like that wasn't hard enough, I actually had to work & be functional all day. I conquered it. I worked hard for that luxury. I earned it. And those are my thanks for the day.

Of course, thank you Jesus for saving us all from our sins, & for loving us despite our many flaws. I love you, Jesus! Amen <3




No comments:

Post a Comment