Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Coming around

Well, I spent the majority of the day simply exhausted.  I guess that all of the worry about my health and the stress piling up again isn't helping that.  I would love to just take a month off, lay low, take some "me" time and try to recoup.  Instead, I have church to help ease my heavy load. 

I am very thankful for my small group, for my church, for my faith, and for my relationship with Jesus.  I was especially thankful tonight that Emily came with me.  I was afraid that she'd be bored, but she seemed to feel at home.  While it's important for everyone to have faith, I think that it's particularly important for my Emily to have faith.  And on that note, our aunt sent us the best forward tonight.  I will leave you with this.  It is very similar to what I try to pray, though I'm not nearly that organized.  I'm heading to bed. Good night!


Dear Lord, I thank You for this day,
I thank You for my being able to see
and to hear this morning.

I'm blessed because You are
a forgiving God and
an understanding God.


You have done so much for me

and You keep on blessing me.


Forgive me this day for everything
I have done, said or thought

that was not pleasing to you.


I ask now for Your forgiveness.
Please keep me safe


from all danger and harm.


Help me to start this day

with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude.


Let me make the best of each and every day
to clear my mind so that I can hear from You.

Please broaden my mind

that I can accept all things.
Let me not whine and whimper
over things I have no control over.

And give me the best response

when I'm pushed beyond my limits..

I know that when I can't pray,

You listen to my heart.


Continue to use me to do Your will.
Continue to bless me that I may be
a blessing to
others.


Keep me strong that I may help the weak...
Keep me uplifted that I may
have

words of encouragement for others.


I pray for those that are lost

and can't find their way.

I pray for those that are misjudged

and misunderstood.


I pray for those who

don't know You intimately.


I pray for those that will delete this
without sharing it with others

I pray for those that don't believe.
But I thank You that I believe
that God changes people
and people changes things.

I pray for all my sisters and brothers.
For each and every family member
in their households.


I pray for peace, love and joy
in their homes; that they are out of debt
and all their needs are met

I pray that every eye that reads this
knows there is no problem, circumstance,
or situation greater than God.


Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight.

I pray that these words be received
into the hearts of every eye that sees it

in Jesus' name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment