Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Is it legal to nebulize and drive?

Seriously.... is it?  Heading to the hospital for Emily's infusion today I was very thankful for a cigarette lighter adapter on the nebulizer.  My chest was all tight and heavy; I really needed the medicine.  I kept both hands on the wheel  :)  I found a way to balance the "peace pipe" end between my hands and the wheel.  I knew the road, a long straightway.  Passing by officers (I have to admit) scared me a bit.  I was hoping that if I were to be pulled over, they would be able to tell the difference between albuterol and say.... crack?  But it certainly had to be done.

My biggest thankful moment today, the one that made my heart swell the biggest and melt a bit, was with my little people as we were heading back home.  We got down to the lobby in the hospital where I made Emily zip up her jacket.  (It may be Florida but it was 35F out there tonight.)  It has this funky double-zipper that makes it really hard to zip.  I don't know how they expect a kid to do this thing when I have a hard time with it.  I admit- I was struggling.  My little man came over & fixed it for us.  He was so sweet about it, so darn cute.  He is truly such a sweet, sensitive, amazing little man.  He shrugged it off like it was no big deal, but that is just how he is.  He may be the first to admit that he's lazy but he's always there to help- especially when it's for me or his sisters.  Sometimes I think that he has more class than many adults.  I am so blessed to have such caring little people, and that I get to witness the love that they have for each other.  For all of its turmoil and chaos, I wouldn't trade my life.  Not for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment