Sunday, January 8, 2012

Already missed a day! UGH

So... this post will be for Friday. 

Today I am thankful to have my antibiotics kicking in.  Instead of going home and napping, I was actually busy.  I still feel crappy, but a much better quality of crappy.  I was also VERY happy to have my voice back!  Far from all of the way, but it is at least back enough so that I can talk to people.  A very necessary thing at times.

As always, I am thankful for my family.  I marvel daily at how amazing they all are.  My son is like a little ball of cuteness and cuddle.  And my girls are so nice to have around to talk to.  We still have a long way to go with Emily in terms of social skills, but for now we gently remind her that most people are not rheumatologists in training and have no clue what she's talking about when she launches into her life story.  I am a mixture of amused and sad by this.  It's what she knows.  With Zach you hear about Lego's, Transformers and Pokemon.  With Gir it's Tumblr (which she has banned me from), art & her friends.  With Emily it's medical conditions and trauma.  That's probably not good.  However, everyone she meets is in awe of how brilliant she is, so it's not all bad.  I just wish that we could have her add some happier stuff into the mix.  I am just so happy to be their parent.  I wonder every day where I would be without our 3 little people.  I am so proud of them, and so in love with them all.  I am so glad that I am not like so many other people that don't enjoy or appreciate their kids.  Why have kids if you can't enjoy them?

No comments:

Post a Comment