Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 3 Thanks :)

Today I am thankful for many things.  While still feeling like I have a balloon stuck in my head, I spent the day very thankful to be home.  I'm still filled with the "doing stupid things" mess that I become when sick.  Which makes me marvel at my little girl.  While I am convinced that I am dying when I have a sinus infection, unable to focus or function through simple, normal tasks, I have a hard time being able to tell when she is sick.  Which really makes me feel like a wuss, but also really makes me want to be just like her.  She seems to understand that I am not always Super-Mom.  I am, sadly, still just mortal.  She is very understanding, and she tries hard to be helpful.  Sometimes she even tries to "mommy" me. 

More than that, I truly appreciate the relationships that I have with all of my children.  Don't think of me as a pushover- if they need to be disciplined we take care of it.  Which is probably why my kids are filled with pure awesomeness instead of anger & spite.  But also because we talk.  We communicate with our kids.  Oh, and we respect them as people.  How do they respond?  With love <3  It's so cool to be able to spend days home with them and never have to raise my voice.  (When I have one.  Today I couldn't if I tried.)  They are so funny together, and individually they are all just so different but enjoyable.  Each of them is totally unique, but so sweet.  I really feel sorry for people that don't have this type of relationship with their kids.  Maybe it's because I have two sick children?  Maybe it's because we see the more important things in life, so we worry less about the stupid junk?  Any which way, this is why I wanted to become a parent in the first place.  If you can't enjoy your kids, why have them?  And no, they're not always perfect; just most of the time.  :)

Lastly today, I am thankful for humor!  Thanks to a friend, I have discovered a new blog obsession to occupy what little free-time I normally have.  She made her own version of the pain scale.  My favorite post of hers thus far is "Dogs Don't Understand Basic Concepts Like Moving".  My kids came over several times while I was reading this to ask if I was okay.  I laughed so hard that I cried.  For a very long time.  Laughing makes everything better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment